Sunday 2 February 2014

Russia Doll Beaded Needle Case

Finally finished my Russian beaded needle case which I offered a sneak peek before!! This needle case is based on a project made by SianNolan with some slight modifications. SianNolan's doll looks blissfully asleep, but I wanted my doll to look alert and happy so I made her eyes curve upwards instead of downwards. 

 When I reached the middle of this project, it felt like it would never end T.T......Especially when I had to undo some of my mistakes. 

Plus, I had to make 2 extra trips to the local bead shop because I bought the wrong colour beads. And I was shocked to find out that the gold miyuki delica beads cost $10 for 4grams!?

But, I bit the bullet and bought the gold beads. I decided that I might as well buy the best beads since I am spending so much time on this project and I will keep this needle case for many years to come. It turned out to be worth it because the gold beads provide such an attractive contrast against the other beads. 

No comments:

Post a Comment